With reference to the updated/ Revised E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 approved by the School Education Department Punjab, Lahore (SED PUNJAB) dated 09, December 2021 for e transfer of public school teachers in the 36 districts of Punjab through online e transfer system SIS for Open Merit, Wedlock Transfer Punjab, Disable Transfer Policy, Divorce Transfer Policy, Widow Transfer rules.
Hi! this is E-SyedHassan, today I am pleased to write about the online transfer of public school teachers. If you are a public school teacher in Punjab then you know that the old transfer posting system was replaced with the latest transfer/ posting system for school teachers.
This system is based on the mobile application developed by the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB). The mobile application School Information System (SIS Punjab) is used by public school teachers for submission of transfer applications after e transfer login in e transfer app during the e transfer round. There are different categories in SIS Punjab Playstore Application to apply transfer/ posting within the district or across district transfers.
E transfer App for teachers
SIS PUNJAB: During the submission of the online transfer application, this mobile application reflects all the vacant positions in the public school in the Punjab bifurcated District and Tehsil wise.
The reflection of data under the transfer section of the SIS Punjab application is purely based on the e-transfer policy approved by the School Education Department Punjab, Lahore.
E Transfer 2022 Schedule
SED Punjab also notified the e transfer round for all public school teachers in the 36 districts of Punjab. current e transfer round details are as under that was also tweeted by the Minister of education Dr. Murad Raas.
|SR.No||Details of task||From||To||Remarks related to the task|
|1||E Transfer Application Submission||14-12-2021||24-12-2021||Submission of E-Transfer applications is now open. Applications can be submitted from 14-Dec-21 to 24-Dec-21.|
|2||Marit List By SED/PITB||25-12-2021||25-12-2021||By the directions of SED Punjab PITB will reflect the merit list of public school teachers in the SIS CEO Dashboard for preparation of documents verification process. This merit will be based on Preferences and Marks calculation as per e transfer policy 2021 2022.|
|3||Verification of Documents by the CEO DEA Offices||26-12-2021||31-12-2021||The selected teacher will get the SMS from the system for the verification process but sometimes SMS may not be delivered so during the verification process teachers are requested to contact with concerned CEO DEA Office (SIS Branch) for information. Likely, the selected teachers will be called in person along with all official documents (1 SET Photocopies) and original for verification.|
|4||QR CODED E transfer online orders||05-01-2022||–||After the verification process, SIS (School Information System) will reflect the QR Coded orders of all the approved teachers for Relieving and Joining. Each order has an expiry date so the teacher is requested to join well in time.|
The above-mentioned timeline may take 2 or 3 days extra at any step due to the long systematic process for 36 districts of Punjab so don’t worry about the delay at any level of e transfer Punjab round.
E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 (Revised and Updated)
After a basic understanding of e transfer timeline now you have to take a look at transfer policy 2021 Punjab education department this transfer policy is developed for all the public school teachers appointed as PST, EST, SST, SS, Headmaster, Sr.Headmasters, Principals, and other all awaiting posting teachers who are on administration post or on disposal.
Transfer rules and E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 for Punjab government employees are specially designed for e transfer. E-transfer rules are different from transfer rules previously used in Manual type transfers.
By reading this article you will understand the basic concept of the current Transfer (e transfer rules) E Transfer Policy 2021-2022. I also try to discuss some common issues related to the SIS Punjab App and online e transfer application submission through sis punjab new version update.
Transfer Rules for Teachers in School 2021 Revised for 2022
These revised transfer rules for teachers in school are approved by the School Education Department, Punjab Lahore (SED) dated 9th, December 2021 for e transfer round from 14-12-2021 to 05-01-2022 and released updated E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 i.e. Transfer Policy 2021 Punjab Education Department
Teacher Requirement in Schools (Section-A)
There are mostly 4 types of public schools in all the 36 districts of the Punjab in which public school teachers are working. Moreover, Under Section “A” in the E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 re describing the STR (Students Teacher Ration) which means how many teachers are required if these many students are enrolled in school.
Let’s have a look at sub-sections of Section “A” of transfer policy 2021 Punjab education department.
For stand-alone primary schools (Section-A-1)
As per Transfer rules E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 for Transfer of public school teachers in Punjab in Stand-alone Primary Schools which is starting from Kachi Class and ending at 5th class required 3 teachers (any PST/ESE) if the enrollment of that particular school will be 1 to 80 students. Teacher allocation criteria for Standalone Primary Schools are as under and so on.
|Enrollment Range for Kachi to 5th Class||Required Teachers (PST/ESE)|
|If enrollment of school will 1 to 80 students||3 Pst/Ese are required. This is not restricted to PST/ESE but includes all teachers and sanctioned posts.|
|If enrollment of school will 81 to 120 students||4 Pst/Ese are required. This is not restricted to PST/ESE but includes all teachers and sanctioned posts.|
|and so on…|
For Attached Primary Schools (Section-A-2)
In Section A-2 of E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 Teacher allocation criteria for Primary Section of Elementary Schools, Secondary & Higher Secondary Schools are also as per above-mentioned criteria and on every 1 to 80 students 3, ESE/PST is required in school.
For Schools with Elementary Classes 6th,7th and 8th (Section-A-3)
in the updated version of teacher E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 teachers allocation criteria for Elementary Schools is based on the Number of Sections in the 6th, 7th, and 8th class each section will be considered to comprise 60 students, and for every 61st student new section will be considered for the purpose of defining teacher requirement.
Moreover, the required teachers will also be required in the Subject Group i.e. EST/SESE Arabic, EST/SESE Drawing, EST/SESE Computer Science, and so on. please read e transfer policy 2021 wedlock transfer policy 2021.
Minimum of Three Sections will be considered, irrespective of enrolment.
For Schools with Secondary Classes 9th and 10th (Section-A-4)
Secondary schools with secondary classes 9th and 10th are utilized by the Secondary School Teacher SST/SSE. At the Secondary level under e transfer policy, 2021 updated on December, 9th 2021 it is mentioned that A minimum number of two sections will be considered irrespective of enrolment.
The required criteria for SST SSE are based on subject groups i.e. Computer Sciences, Arts/English/Urdu, Science, and Math/Physics/Maths. On every 2 sections number of teachers are required as under.
- 1 SST/SSE (Computer Science)
- 2 SST/SSE(Arts) or SST/SSE(English) or SST/SSE(Urdu) for arts/ general groups
- 1 SST/SSE(Science)
- 1 SST/SSE (Maths/Physics/Maths)
Revised Transfer Rules for EST and SESE Physical Education EST-PET/ SESE-PET (Section-A-5)
This revised transfer rules amended 2021 for 2022 e transfer Punjab allowed 2 Physical Education Teachers in the school having more than 1000 enrolment but when a school having 0 to 1000 students only 1 EST/SESE PET is required.
SIS login app sis punjab new version update will never allow second EST PET in a school where there is 1000 or less than 1000 enrolment but if a school has more than 1000 students but there is only one post of Est/SESE Physical Education was sanctioned the sis e transfer application will also never allow for transfer.
STR in E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 and Other Than Above Requirements. (Section-A-6,7,8,9,10)
To maintain the Student Teacher Ration (STR) in every public school there are some very important points mentioned in revised e transfer rules and in E Transfer Policy 2021-2022. A minimum number of teachers must be maintained in all schools.
- A minimum of 2 Teachers must be present in Stand Alone Primary School
- A minimum of 2 PSTs/ESEs must be present in primary section of non primary schools.
- A minimum of 3 ESTs/SESEs must be present in elementary level public schools (or elementary section of school)
- A minimum of 2 SSTs/SSEs must be present in secondary school (or secondary section of school)
7- Furthermore, the enrollment numbers will be based on benchmark enrolment decided by the department unless explicitly specified otherwise, the benchmark will be based on the previously conducted school census. For schools that did not submit this census, the benchmark will be based on the current SIS Enrollment.
8- In relation to the E transfer of computer teachers (EST/SESE and SST/SSE) computer science will only be required in schools with computer labs. The presence of a computer lab will also be considered based on the previously conducted school census or the current SIS Data.
9- In terms of teachers’ requirements, schools are divided into three categories for each subject group. subject groups mean that the combination of designations and relevant subjects for example EST/SESE Science/ Math/Math Science), EST (Urdu, Arts, English), and so on.
Category RED: At least one teacher is required in school. the required teacher must be required within the subject group.
Category Orange: At least one teacher surplus. For a teacher to be considered surplus the teacher must be surplus within the subject group and in line with point-5.
Category Green: The number of Teachers is exactly as required it means that if 3 teachers are required for 80 students and 3 students are working in said school then no teacher will apply for e transfer in such type of school nor anybody can send an online application for transfer.
10- Teachers will always be allowed to transfer out from orange schools because orange school (subject group) means that teachers are extra/ surplus/ not required as per current enrolment in school.
11- Teachers will always be allowed to transfer into red school because enrollment is more than the working teachers.
12- Teachers will never be allowed to transfer into orange or green schools.
13- Teachers will never be allowed to transfer out from red or green schools.
Designation to Post Inter Transferability (Section-B)
The following information and table define the sanctioned posts of a school on which a teacher can apply through e transfer app through e transfer portal and e transfer login account. This table helps you to check the eligibility of designation and post.
|Designation of Teacher||Eligible Sanctioned Post for Transfer|
|PST/ESE (Any Subject)||PST/ESE (Any Subject)|
|EST (General)||EST (General)|
|EST (English)||EST/SESE (English)|
|EST/SESE (Oriental)||EST/SESE (Oriental)|
|EST/SESE (Urdu)||EST/SESE (Urdu)|
|EST (Vernacular)||EST (Vernacular)|
|SESE (Arts)||SESE (Arts)|
|SST/SSE (Any Subject)||SST/SSE (Any Subject) These are the posts of head of the elementary school|
|SST/SSE (Arts)||SST/SSE (Arts)|
|SSE (English)||SSE (English)|
|SSE (Urdu)||SSE (Urdu)|
|SS (any subject)||Dy. Headmaster / Headmaster |
Only allowed (for both, Dy. Headmaster and Headmaster) if years of service as SS is at least 10 (as of the last date
of application submission period), and the grade of the teacher is the same as the grade of the post.
SS (Political Science)
SS (Political Science)
SS (Pak Studies)
SS (Pak Studies)
|SSS (any subject)||Sr. Headmaster / Principal|
For all SSS transfers, the grade of the teacher and the post must be the same.
|Dy. Headmaster, Headmaster|
The grade of the teacher and the post must be the same.
The grade of the teacher and the post must be the same.
Calculating the Score for Application Ranking (Section-C)
All the applications other the Promotion application calculated based on the scores of each teacher. e transfer policy 2021 2022 for punjab explains all these scoring categories, the marks of Distance, Tenure, Seniority, Divorce, Disability, Wido and Wedlock transfer policy punjab education department lahore.
Scores Calculation based on the factors (Section-C-1)
|Category of Marks and Total Marks||Marks Calculation|
|20 Marks as a|
|0.50 marks, for every km after 08 km, for a cadre of Tehsil.|
0.25 marks, for every km after 16 km, for the cadre of District.
0.25 marks, for every km after 24 km, for the cadre of Province.
1. The distance considered will be the road distance between the two schools
(despite not being traveled by any teacher), as determined by Google Maps.
2. This will be calculated at the time of submission of the first application (for which distance score is needed) concerning these schools.
3. “The distance considered will be point-to-point between schools (based on MEA data, with an error margin of 300 meters).”
4. The distance will be rounded down to two decimal places.
5. The score will be calculated to two decimal places.
6. Distance marks will only be awarded to teachers that are serving in a school at
the time of applying.
7. Teachers applying for across district transfer will be awarded scores as per
following formula: ( (Tenure + Seniority + Divorce + Disability + Widow + Wedlock) / 80 ) * 20)
|30 Marks as a Tenure Marks||The start date of the tenure will be the ‘Date of Joining in School’ or ‘Date of|
Appointment in Current Designation’, whichever is later.
1. No marks will be awarded for the first year.
2. Every subsequent year will carry 2 marks.
3. Partial marks will be awarded for the partial year.
4. Score will be calculated to two decimal places.
Tenure marks will only be awarded to teachers that are serving in a school at the
time of applying.
|20 Marks as a Seniority Marks||The start date for calculating seniority will be the ‘Date of Appointment in Current Designation. Applications based on promotions will be ranked firstly based on the date of order of promotion (earliest date gets preference) and secondly on the basis of seniority|
number of the applicant (smaller number gets preference).
1. Every year will carry 2 marks.
2. Partial marks will be awarded for partial year.
3. Score will be calculated to two decimal places.
|15 Marks as a |
|1. The category for Widow and Divorce will only be available for female teachers. |
2. Divorce/widow, can be actualized any number of times.
|10 Marks as a |
|1. Only Wedlock and Disability can be combined within a single|
2. Other than this combination, only one category can be opted for in a single
|10 Marks as a |
|1. Divorce/widow, can be actualized any number of times.|
2. The category for Widow and Divorce will only be available for female teachers.
|05 Marks as a |
|1. Only Wedlock and Disability can be combined within a single application. |
2. Other than this combination, only one category can be opted for in a single application
Teachers Promotion Rules, Promotion Policy 2021 (Section C-2, 3, 4)
- Applications that are not based on promotions will be ranked based on score (with the highest
score getting preference). Applications based on promotions will be ranked firstly based on the date of order of promotion (earliest date gets preference) and secondly on the basis of seniority number of the applicant (smaller number gets preference).
- In case of a tie, preference will be given:
a. Firstly, on the basis of gender (females will be given priority)
b. Secondly, by the CNIC date of birth (an earlier date will be given priority)
c. Thirdly, on the basis of the personnel number (smaller will be given priority)
- The score for distance will not be considered when comparing teachers from within the same
school (to decide on which one(s) of them are to be considered for transferring out, with
reference to section A).
Open Merit E Transfer Applications (Section-D)
- The teacher must spend at least one year (as of the last date of the application submission period)
in the current school to be eligible to apply.
- Across-district applications will only be accepted from teachers of BPS 17 and above.
Compassionate Applications (Section-E)
- Compassionate applications will comprise of four categories: Disability, Divorce, Wedlock and
- Out of the four categories, only Wedlock and Disability can be combined within a single
application. Other than this combination, only one category can be opted for in a single
- A teacher’s transfer application based on,
a. disability, can be actualized only once.
b. wedlock, can be actualized multiple times, but only if the spouse is a government servant
(otherwise, only once).
c. divorce/widow, can be actualized any number of times.
- The category for Widow and Divorce will only be available for female teachers.
- All preference of the compassionate application must of the same district.
- When applying on compassionate grounds, the teacher requirement criteria of the origin school
as given in sections A.1 to A.5 will be relaxed (i.e., these five rules will not be applicable).
- For male candidates, applications based on Wedlock must necessarily be for a different district
than their current one.
- For teachers having designations of tehsil and province cadre, across district applications can be
done only on the basis of Divorce, Wedlock or Widow. Using Disability alone, such teachers can
only apply within district and cannot apply across-district.
- All across-district compassionate applications of EST, SESE, SST and SSE will be subject to the
availability of initial recruitment quota of the designation/subject of the applying teacher, in the
- The rules governing this quota are defined as follows: The following subjects of EST/SESE and SST/SSE will be grouped for quota calculation:
i. EST/SESE (Arabic)
ii. EST (General), EST/SESE (English), EST/SESE (Urdu), SESE (Arts), EST (Vernacular)
iii. EST/SESE (Home Economics)
iv. EST/SESE (Maths), EST/SESE (Science), SESE (Science/Maths)
v. EST (Technical)
vi. SST/SSE (Arts), SSE (English), SSE (Urdu)
vii. SST (Home Economics)
viii. SSE (Maths), SSE (Physics/Maths)
ix. SST/SSE (Science)
b. For each subject group, the following two categories of teachers will have a quota of 50%:
i. Teachers promoted from within the district
ii. Teachers initially recruited or transferred in from some other district. To further clarify, teachers who have transferred in from a different district will be counted against the recruitment quota.
c. The quota for male and female schools will be calculated separately.
d. The quota ratio will be determined by calculating the number of teachers by their
The number of teachers will be calculated by considering all the teachers (including the ones active in schools and the ones marked as surrendered, or as being on admin posts, or as being marked on disposal) of that designation and subject within the district, except for those who are assigned as the head of an elementary school.
The total number of sanctioned posts of the same subject group (E.9.a) within the district. For example, for the post of SST (Maths) in male schools,
i. Total posts of SST (Maths) & SST (Physics/Maths): 120
ii. Posts allocated for promotion: 50% of 120 = 60
iii. Posts allocated for initial recruitment: 50% of 120 = 60
iv. Total Teachers (promoted): 50
v. Total Teachers (on initial recruitment): 40
vi. Posts available for promotion: 60 – 50 = 10
vii. Posts available for recruitment/across district transfer: 60 – 40 = 20Mutual Application (Section-F)
- Mutual transfer cannot be done if the remaining service of any one of the two teachers is less
than one year, or if the teacher has applied for a pre-mature retirement.
- Mutual transfer cannot be done if the teacher has been promoted and that promotion has not
- Mutual transfer cannot be done if any of the two teachers has served for less than one year (as
of the last date of application submission period) in the current school.
- Teachers will not be allowed pre-mature retirement within one year of actualizing mutual
- Mutual transfer application will only be considered if both teachers apply (i.e., submit their
- The designation and sanctioned posts of both the teachers involved in the transfer must comply
with the inter-transferability rules (section B).
- If a teacher is applying for a mutual transfer, he/she cannot apply at the same time on the basis
of open merit or compassionate grounds.
- Mutual transfer will only be actualized if both teachers complete the relieving/joining process. If any one of the two teachers fail to join within the required timeframe, the transfer order will stand cancelled and both teachers will be moved back to their original schools.
- Mutual applications can be done both within and across districts (across district transfer will affect
the recruitment/promotion quota).
Promotion Applications (Section-G)
- Promoted teachers will be allowed to apply in the same school (based on the availability of an
inter-transferrable post, as defined in section B).
- Teachers promoted from SS-17 to SSS-18 will be eligible to apply to any vacant SSS-18 post in the
same school. If approved, the post subjects will be swapped within the school.
- Similarly, teachers promoted from SS-18 to SSS-19 will be eligible to apply to any vacant SSS-19
post in the same school. If approved, the post subjects will be swapped within the school.
- The transfer restrictions given in section A will not be applicable on transfers due to promotions.
- Teachers promoted to BPS 15 and 16 will be allowed to only apply within their current district;
while teachers promoted to BPS 17 and above can apply to any district.
General Rules (Section-H)
- Applications will be prioritized based on the following order (by category):
a. Teachers applying on promotions
b. Teachers applying on open merit / compassionate grounds.
c. Teachers marked as on disposal / on admin posts / surrendered.
Furthermore, applications from the teachers of the cadre ‘Ex-MCL’ in the schools marked as ‘M.C
Local’ will be given preference over teachers of other cadres, irrespective of the above-mentioned
- A teacher’s application must lie in exactly one of the categories mentioned above.
- Teachers must have an age less than 60 years (as of the last date of application submission period)
to be eligible to apply.
- Female PST/ESE teachers can apply to any school; for others teachers, males can only apply to
male schools and females can only apply to female schools.
- Teachers of cadre ‘Ex-MCL’ will only be allowed to apply to schools marked as ‘M.C Local’.
- When applying to transfer out from a school, the teacher requirement criteria (given in section A)
for EST/SESE/SST/SSE Computer Science, EST/SESE Arabic, EST/SESE Drawing, EST/SESE Physical
Education and SST/SSE (head)17, will be relaxed so that even a single teacher is allowed to apply.
- Posts that are marked as blocked by SED, or against which transfer order requests from CEO have
been received, will not be available for teachers to apply to.
- Teachers who are not allowed to apply for all types of individual transfers, (due to any restriction
posed by the rules) will be allowed to record their ‘willingness’ to transfer out of their school.
They can provide a maximum of ten preferences for any school that requires teachers of their designation/subject. This collected data may be used at a later stage to facilitate these teachers, on the discretion of SED, as per rules.
- During the application submission time-frame, teachers will have the option to modify their
preferences and to re-submit their application multiple times. However, this facility will be locked
six hours before the submission deadline. During the last six hours of the submission phase, new
applications can be submitted, but submitted applications cannot be modified and resubmitted.
- Applications that are not submitted during the transfer open period will not be entertained
(although, the department may consider a grace period of 10 minutes).
- While applying, teachers will be required to give at least one preference (and can optionally enter
multiple preferences). The system will consider transfer options in the order of preference
specified by teacher. Once a transfer is approved by the authority (in the system), the teacher will
be bound to comply with the transfer. Any failure to do so will invoke a disciplinary action
involving PEEDA Act.
- During the application verification time-frame, teachers may withdraw their complete
application. Withdrawing or modification of preferences within the application will not be
allowed, the preferences will be considered based on the priority given by the teacher during the
application submission phase.
- The department may conduct multiple rounds of evaluating applications and verifying and placing
teachers on the merit lists. No applications in any merit-list will be considered after the last
- During verification, department may reset a previously approved/rejected application, if the
verifying authority deems fit to do so. Such applications will be reconsidered for placement in the
next placement round (if conducted).
- If discrepancies in the teacher application/data are found during verification, rejecting the
application (by the CEO) will result in rejecting all the preferences of that teacher. If discrepancies
in a sanctioned post vacancy are found during verification, blocking the post (by SED, or via a CEO
transfer request) will result in rejecting all the preferences of the applicants for that post.
- For the approved transfer orders, if the transfer is not actualized via the QR code (i.e., relieved
from the current school and joined to the new school via the SIS tablet application) within the
given time frame, the order will stand cancelled and the teacher will remain in the original school.
- Once a teacher joins the new school transfer order, the date of joining of the school will be the
date of the scanning of the QR code.
- Applications that do not comply with any of the above rules will not be considered.
Punjab E Transfer Rules 2021-22 Appendix-A: Cadres
Punjab E Transfer Rules 2021-22 Appendix-B: Date Definitions
For the calculation of the marks for seniority and tenure, as per E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 the following three dates will be considered:
- Date of Joining in School: This is the date in which the teacher has given joining in any particular
- Date of Appointment in Current Designation: The date in which the teacher has joined his current
designation (either by promotion, or by recruitment). In case of regularization, the date of
appointment in the contract post will be considered for score calculation. For PST, ESE, SSE and SESE, and any other post for which direct recruitment is done, this date will be the same as the date of joining in service.
- Date of Joining in Service: This is the date in which the teacher has given joining in SED. By
definition, this date must always be before or on the above two dates.
Punjab E Transfer Policy 2021-2022 Appendix-C: To-Dos Before the Start of a Transfer Round
Pre-Requisites for every transfer round (to be completed at least 3 days before the start of the application
- Dates of the transfer round to be announced on the website.
- Retired teachers should be removed from the school (by marking them as retired).
- The data of posts that are currently filled (but are not marked as filled in SIS) should be rectified
by issuing QR-code based orders for those teachers/posts.
- Any posts that need to be blocked for e-transfer should be marked as blocked (by SED).
- There should be no pending QR-code based transfer order (i.e., all must either be actualized or
- SED to verify initial recruitment/promotion quota available on SIS dashboard and provide feedback (if any). In case of no feedback from SED, current data will be considered as correct and will be used for next transfer round.